Friday, June 05, 2015

Steely Conklaree

My second Conklaree scarf came off the blocking wires yesterday. This time I knit it in a laceweight wool-silk blend, with two strands held double.

Grey Conklaree Scarf
Pattern: Conklaree, by Bonnie Sennott
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr in Steel

The lace was very sculptural before blocking. I was happy to see that after blocking it retained some of that dimensional quality. 

Bath time for this grey Conklaree #bluepeninsula #knit #knitting #knittingpatterns #knittersofinstagram #knitlace #knitstagram

Grey Conklaree Scarf

Grey Conklaree Scarf

Grey Conklaree Scarf

The color and yarn seemed a perfect match for this pattern. I'm really pleased with how it came out, and I hope the recipient is, too. It's a gift for my sister Betsey, whose birthday is today. As a longtime Blue Peninsula model, she deserves a special hand knit! (On the Other Hand, Fee-bee, Meadow Road, and Shallows Mitts are just a few of the patterns she's modeled.)

Conklaree is the second pattern in my All You Need Is One collection of accessories to knit with just one skein of yarn. The third pattern, a sock (knit with Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors), is coming next week.

Toes are drying! Look for the third pattern in my All You Need Is One collection next week. #bluepeninsula #knit #knitting #knitsocks #knitstagram #periwinklesheep

Gotta run—lots to do to prepare for celebrating Betsey's birthday. Have a great weekend!

Grey Conklaree Scarf



1 comment:

Betsey said...

Thanks, Bonnie, for the beautiful scarf!! I love it, and my sis! And can't wait to knit the new sock pattern!