Tuesday, June 02, 2015

So Close

I'm so close to finishing the next pattern, a sock design.

It's a toe! Look for the pattern in June. The gorgeous blue yarn is Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors in Atlantic. #bluepeninsula #knit #knitsocks #knitting #knittingpatterns #knittersofinstagram #knitstagram #periwinklesheep

Actually, the pattern is done and it's been edited. All that remains is for me to finish knitting sock number two, so we can do the photo shoot. It is arduous work, so I've had to indulge in a few treats to keep my strength up. ;-)

I admit to feeling some TNNA envy - but hey, there's some pretty nice stuff in my own hometown, including gluten-free lemon poppyseed scones at Rao's 😀 #notattnna #amherstma #glutenfree #knit #knitsocks #bluepeninsula

It's got ribbing and lace and some stockinette, and the front and back are not the same. It's got a garter-stitch edge on the heel flap, which I really love. And it's knit in the beautiful Atlantic colorway of Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors. I hope to publish the pattern next week. Fingers crossed!

Two things I'm loving today: a garter stitch heel flap edge and the project bag I made with Dropcloth samplers #bluepeninsula #knit #knitting #knittersofinstagram #knitstagram #knitsocks #dropclothsamplers #periwinklesheep

Aside from the sock, I've been making lots of progress on my grey Conklaree:

Rainy morning lace knitting and falcon mama watching. One egg has hatched, three to go! #umassfalcons #bluepeninsula #knit #knitlace #knitting #knittersofinstagram #knitstagram

The past few days I've been knitting while watching the UMass Falcon Cam. Peregrine falcons have nested at the top of the Du Bois Library at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst for many years, and a couple of years ago a webcam was installed, making it possible to watch the roly-poly little "ugly ducklings" grow up and eventually learn to fly.

So far this year, one fluffy white chick has hatched. His or her siblings should be following any time now. Can't wait!




No comments: