Monday, September 05, 2016

Shawl Weather

It was only 57F when Snickers and I went out for our backyard walk early this morning. Brrr! I grabbed the nearest shawl, which happened to be Notch.

Here is an approximation of how I styled it:

Notch Shawl

Trust me, you don't want to see a picture of me wearing it today. For one thing, my hair's still wet from the shower, and for another, I'm wearing old "around the house" clothes while I do laundry. Not a high fashion kind of day.

It's Labor Day, a holiday in the U.S. and the "unofficial" last day of summer. I'm working on pattern writing and knitting the sample for a fall design. So I'm working, but trying to work in a relaxed, holiday frame of mind. 

Snickers succeeds every day at being relaxed. She's way better at it than I am:

Snickers, August 2016

A couple reminders: today's the last day of the Neckwear Sale in my Ravelry pattern store (it ends at midnight). And on Wednesday, the Third Annual Blue Peninsula Neckwear KAL kicks off. You don't have to cast on Wednesday, if that doesn't work for you—join us anytime between September 7 and October 12.

If today's a holiday for you, I hope it's fun and relaxing!

No comments: