Monday, August 10, 2015

In August

Ah summer! #summer #joy #beauty #waterlilies #bonniesennott

What's not to love about August? Blue skies, puffy clouds, all of nature full and in bloom.

Another moment to squirrel away for next February #Brookfieldfarm #summer #joy #cosmos #eveninglight #mytown #amherstma #westernma

Since the Tour de Fleece ended, I've continued spinning every day. Yesterday I plied my second skein of mixed BFL. When I compare it to the first, I see real progress! The singles were more evenly spun, and the plied yarn has less twist. Overall, the yarn is more relaxed, though I feel a little less twist would be even better.

It's a yarn-making kind of Sunday! #dropspindles #spindlespinning #spinnersofinstagram #spindlersofinstagram #yarn

It might be hard to see, but you can definitely feel the difference between the two. The skein on top is the new one; the one below is my first:

Skein No. 2 of my mixed BFL (on top) is a big improvement over Skein No. 1 (bottom). More evenly spun, less tightly plied. Finally making yarn I would want to knit! #bonniesennott #spindlespinning #spinnersofinstagram #spindlersofinstagram #yarn #igspindl

I'm in between designs right now. Sent one off just recently that you won't get to see for a while. Now I'm focused on the next, knitting on it outdoors when I can, and sometimes in coffeeshops, too (no surprise, that). 

Ah, lakeside knitting in summer! Working on the next All You Need Is One design... #bluepeninsula #knit #knitting #knittersofinstagram #knitstagram #secretknitting #knittersofinstagram #summer #joy

Still don't have a name for the next design - Iced Coffee comes to mind, but it's already taken, darn! #bluepeninsula #knit #knitlace #cormo #elsawool #knitting #knittersofinstagram #knitstagram

It's a neckwear accessory, knit with ElsaWool Cormo fingering. I can't wait to share it with you! It'll be ready later this month, before we start the next Blue Peninsula knitalong.

The 2015 Neckwear KAL is coming up in September. Details soon!

No comments: