Monday, October 13, 2014

Ready for Rhinebeck

I'm all set for Rhinebeck—the sweater is done! Now I'm busy editing photos while the tech editor reviews the pattern. I plan to publish it in the next week or two.

Meadow Road

I'll be wearing it Saturday at Rhinebeck. My sister Betsey (who modeled the sweater) and I are going for the first time. We can't wait to experience the legendary festival.

Meadow Road

The yarn is a new sportweight merino/silk blend from Stitch Sprouts called Yellowstone, in the Bison colorway. On US5 needles, it knit up at a blocked gauge of 5.75 stitches to the inch. It's the same yarn I recently used for a new sample of my Bluet cowl. Once again, it produced beautifully even stitches and a lovely fabric.

Meadow Road

If you're still working on your Rhinebeck sweater—good luck!

P.S. The naturally dyed cotton gauze scarf is made by Sonia of Cozy Memories. I love her natural colors, use of organic materials, and exquisite sense of design.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Rhinebeck is a blast. Last year was my first year, and I'm so looking forward to this weekend. I'll be there all weekend. I'd love to say hi.

Bonnie said...

Cool! I don't know where we're going or when, except I do want to go to the building with book signings in the afternoon. And also, visit Periwinkle Sheep at Sliver Moon's booth.

Maybe I'll run into you! I do have a Ravelry button but it's ancient and rusty, so I might not wear it.

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Fabulous sweater! Its supposed to be warm during the day but at least you can start out in it, it's too good not to wear.

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Thank you so much for the mention, sweet Bonnie, and for your kind words & support. This scarf was meant for you, it suits you so very well ! xoxo

Bonnie said...

Thanks, Gale. Right now Weather Channel shows a high of 69 for Saturday, which is perfect! I'll be wearing the sweater - I am always chilly compared to other people. :-)

Bonnie said...

It's a beautiful scarf, Sonia - I love it!