Monday, August 25, 2014

Let's Knit Some Neckwear!

The Blue Peninsula Neckwear KAL starts a week from today. To be honest, it has kind of snuck up on me. In my mind, it's been "that thing I'm doing weeks from now when summer is over." It's hard for me to accept that our beautiful summer here in western Massachusetts is drawing to a close. I could see signs when I picked flowers at my CSA last week. Some of the zinnias' leaves were wilted and spotty, and the cosmos were starting to look a little less fresh.

Zinnias and cosmos at the Brookfield Farm #amherst #summer #joy #westernma #lovemassachusetts

The cool mornings are another sign of summer's end. But you know, I like them a lot. A cool morning is a knitter's morning—perfect for wearing lighter shawls and scarves, and so comfortable for knitting with wool. If your thoughts are turning to fall accessories, why not join us in the KAL?

It starts September 1 and continues through September 30. You can make any of my scarf, shawl, or cowl designs—here are some pattern ideas from my Ravelry shop. And free patterns such as Rising Fog or Kernel are options, too.

And do we have prizes? Yes, of course, lovely prizes ... like two skeins of Sunshine Yarns Luxury Sock (the yarn I used for my Skipperling scarf) ... one in Orange Poppy and one in Plum Goodness.

Untitled

Untitled

I'm also giving away a pair of Signature Needle Arts knitting needles with Stiletto tips, size US #4/3.50mm:

Untitled

And I've sewn up a lined linen/cotton bag, just the right size for small knitting projects or for wallet/keys/phone when you don't want to carry a larger bag:

Untitled

And there's more! Midway through the KAL, I'll be giving away patterns as well as two skeins (300 yards) of beautiful handspun from Videnovich Farms in Michigan:

Untitled

I hope you'll join us, either to make something special for yourself or to get a jumpstart on your holiday knitting. I'll be making a new sample of my Bluet cowl, using Stitch Sprouts Yellowstone in the Caldera colorway:

Untitled

You'll find all the details here in the Ravelry Blue Peninsula group. See you there!

Neckwear KAL Mosaic

Top row (left to right): Skipperling, Bluet, Peppernut, Stria









1 comment:

Shelda said...

The Caldera is a really beautiful color. Can hardly wait for 1 September.